Are you thinking about using alternative types of energy? New research shows that large-area solar systems are very economical. They have a positive impact on the environment and greatly reduce the cost of electric power. There are many advantages of these devices (solar products), but they all can be divided into two groups:
- Environmental (ecological) benefits, and
- Economic (financial) benefits
Environmental benefits of solar powered products
Solar products and solar systems don’t emit harmful gases (carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, and so on) and they do not pollute our environment. For decades, solar energy has been used for heat generation in terms of water heating, solar space heating, and also for cooling. The use of solar energy has multiple advantages. It is quiet, clean and reliable energy source. Due to rising prices of fossil fuels as well as the awareness of environmental conservation, there is a growing interest in the use of solar energy.
Here are a few ecological benefits of solar systems and products:
- Solar panels and other solar powered devices do not produce environmental pollution. The only pollution that occurs is the result of the manufacturing process of solar products in factories, pollution during transport and during their installation. One typical solar home system (by 3 KW) can save 218,250 pounds of CO2 for twenty years!
- Energy production by using fossil fuels and certain types of renewable energy sources can be very noisy. On the other hand the production of energy using solar cells is a very quiet process. The need for fossil fuel power plants will be reduced with the development of solar technologies.
- Another important advantage is that solar devices / systems use a renewable form of energy. In this way we consume significantly smaller quantities of non-renewable energy sources. They remain for our children and for our planet.
- Solar products and solar technologies reduce global warming
- Minimal effect on the landscape. Coal mines, power plants and oil refineries destroy forests and vegetation with large surface area of ground.
Economic (financial) benefits of solar systems
Another remarkable advantage of the solar system is its price. Solar-powered system saves an average of 80 dollars per month on electricity bill. Although initial costs are high, once the solar panels are installed they will provide free energy. The payback period is about ten years.
An ordinary system can meet about 80% of the demand for domestic hot water and achieve 30% -50% savings for home heating. One study in America showed that an average twenty-year savings by using solar systems can be over 25 000 dollars.
Solar panels (of 1,300 – 1,400 square feet) can save nearly half of the annual costs for the electricity bill. This is one of the major financial benefits of solar power systems.
There are also other, so-called technological benefits of solar energy and solar products:
- New technologies allow efficient use of solar panels even when the weather is cloudy.
- Energy production in remote locations.
- Solar products are generally portable.
Of course, there are also some disadvantages of solar systems: high initial costs for equipment and installation, weather can affect the amount of energy produced, and so on. But this is insignificant in comparison with all the economic and environmental benefits of solar products.
Latest posts by Jack (see all)
- When would a mortgage provider require a tree survey report? - November 16, 2021
- Ecopreneurship: The Environmentalist’s Path to Owning a Business - July 29, 2021
- Can Plastic Be Eco-Friendly? - April 2, 2021