When considering the ways to help the environment, starting a business isn’t usually the first thing that comes to most people’s minds. However, business owners have a lot of power, and the choices they make can help guide us all toward a greener, healthier world.
Indeed, building a business that has environmentally-friendly practices built into the very foundation has a name: Ecopreneurship. Green Tech Box presents the following look at how this form of business ownership can help you pave your path in life while working toward a better planet:
For any business to make a difference, it has to be successful. Here’s how to give your business the best start:
- Nurture your business idea long enough to make sure it’s truly viable – impulsive starts rarely work out.
- Compare the pros and cons of loans, grants, and investors as forms of initial funding.
- Consider enrolling in online courses that can help you earn your MBA.
Evaluating Supply Chain
A critical look at your supply chain is a must for any eco-friendly business.
- Here’s an overview of how to evaluate your supply chain.
- Watch out for red flags signalling poor environmental practices or unethical treatment of employees.
- Try to source goods locally or directly from creators as much as possible.
Environmentalism in the Workplace
Make sure employees and customers have access to environmentally-friendly choices while working with you:
- Create clearly marked ways for people to compost and recycle in your business.
- Fill your break room with reusable plates, cups, bowls and utensils, and install an office dishwasher to help people avoid disposable dishes.
- If you sell food or drinks, offer compostable cups, straws, and take-out containers to reduce environmental impact.
Creating a business gives you the ability to set an example, spread environmental awareness, and make an impact. We hope this article inspires you to find your own eco-friendly path forward into the business world!
Latest posts by Jack (see all)
- Ecopreneurship: The Environmentalist’s Path to Owning a Business - July 29, 2021
- Can Plastic Be Eco-Friendly? - April 2, 2021
- Benefits of Recycling and Reusing Asphalt - January 28, 2021