Package includes the major components for installation as outlined above plus Unirac, PCM or similar Module Mounting hardware for standard shingle roof. The Balance of System [BOS] components may be purchased separately a la carte, as a package when purchased with the Engineering option, or may be supplied by the installer.
Level 1 – Basic Engineering. System Electric String Sizing must be verified for each specific zip code to ensure that over-voltage does not occur during low temperature conditions; severe damage can occur to the inverter if not properly sized. Wind loads must be determined for proper mounting hardware spacing; you must provide a basic system layout to our engineering department in order to verify spacing requirements. This service is provided with the basic kit purchase.
Level 2 – Custom Engineering. Engineering Design is available as an option. This service includes a custom design for your specific residential application [commercial systems vary, call for details]; our engineers work together with you and/or your installer to design a system and determine a complete BOS component list. We supply site specific Electrical Schematic, CAD drawings and Engineering Submittals sealed by our Florida Professional Engineer [PE] ready for submission to the building department. Building Departments in other states may require a local engineer review and seal at an additional cost. Our Engineering Department and Installation Department will assist you with technical questions pertaining to your installation.
Level 3 – Custom Engineering with Balance of System. This includes Level 2 Custom Engineering plus the Balance of System components; a custom tailored package of all components to complete the installation [except conduit].
Installation – These systems can be installed by the do-it-yourselfer, however, the wiring connections should be installed by a qualified electrical or solar contractor. Some rebate programs require a Licensed Contractor to qualify for the rebate. Solar Direct offers installation services in Florida and some other limited service areas. We can also work with your choice of contractors; please call for quotation.
- Generate your own electricity and reduce your electric bill
- Protect against future utility increases
- Sell excessive power back to the Utility Grid:
- Spin your meter backwards with Net Metering
- Reduce the burning of fossil fuels for a healthier environment
- Increase the value of your home
- Save money on your system with state rebates and incentives
- Solar modules have 25-year linear performance warranty and
- 10-year product workmanship warranty
- Enphase inverters have a 25-year limited warranty
- Systems typically have a lifetime of 40+ years
System Kit Includes:
- Solar World Solar Electric Modules – 280 Watts
- Enphase M250 Microinverters – One per panel
- Enphase Envoy Communications Gateway
- Enphase Trunk Cable – Portrait and Landscape attributes
- Enphase Terminators
- UniRac/PCM Mounting (for standard shingle roof)
System Options Include (not included in basic kit):
- Custom Engineering (Electrical and hardware layout drawings)
- String USE-2 M/F Cables (from end of string to J-Box)
- Module Bonding Hardware
- Rail Bonding Hardware
- Mounting Hardware for other roof or ground surfaces
- Complete Balance of System Package (All wire and components [except conduit]; NEC 2012 Code Compliant)
SOLAR PHOTOVOLTAIC MODULE
- Solar World Sunmodule®
With plus sorting, SolarWorld only delivers modules that are factory-tested to meet or exceed their name plate power rating – even after initial light induced degradation. By delivering actual power, plus-sorting minimizes module mismatch losses and eliminates name plate tolerance losses, which can account for up to 5% in modeling programs like PVWatts and PVSyst. Sunmodule® solar panels are also independently tested to strict international standards for safety, durability.
SolarWorld produces the highest quality and can guarantee the best performance. That’s why SolarWorld is the first solar company to offer a 25-year linear performance guarantee and a 10-year product workmanship warranty. According to this guarantee, the actual power of a new module cannot deviate from the specified rated power by more than 3% during the first year; and afterward, the power will not decrease by more than 0.7 percent of the rated power per year. So at year 10, the Sunmodule’s capacity is guaranteed to be at least 90% of the nameplate as opposed to the industry standard guarantee of 80%. This is added value that can help you get your project financed.
The high performance monocrystalline cells used in the Sunmodule are sealed in transparent EVA (ethylene-vinyl-acetate) between impact resistant tempered glass and a durable TPT (tedlar-polyester-tedlar) backsheet.
- SolarWorld Sunmodule Plus-Sorting
- 280 watts-peak power rating
- 25 Year performance warranty
- 10-year extended product workmanship warranty
- High performance Monocrystalline cells
- Extended cable lengths for easier installation
- Enphase M250 Microinverter – Enphase M250 Microinverter. Optimized for high-power solar modules, our fourth-generation technology delivers reliable, high-performing systems at a great value. Plus, with Integrated Ground (IG), the M250 Microinverter does not require a GEC, eliminating the cost and time associated with installing a copper grounding wire or WEEBs.
Enphase’s fourth-generation microinverter continues our tradition of power, efficiency, and reliability advancements. Built on top of the already reliable M215 platform, the M250 has undergone an unprecedented, industry-leading one million hours of pre-launch product testing. Featuring a reduced parts count, the M250 delivers a new standard in microinverter reliability in addition to increased power and efficiency.
- Easy Installation
- Integrated Ground: Eliminates the need for a copper grounding wire or WEEB
- Fast installation: Uses plug-and-play Engage Cable connectors
- Higher Power and Peace of Mind
- Higher power and efficiency: Pairs with modules up to 300W at 96.5% CEC efficiency
- Precision insights: Accessible in Enlighten, the world’s leading solar monitoring platform
- Industry-leading 25-year warranty: Provides total peace of mind
Enphase M250 Inverter Features
Designing Systems with Enphase M250 Microinverters
- Envoy Monitor – The Enphase Envoy Communications Gateway is the networking hub connecting every module and microinverter in your solar array to the internet. The Envoy uses advanced powerline communications technology to connect to each microinverter without additional wiring or wireless configuration. System owners can easily check the status of their solar system using the Envoy’s LCD display, or get more detailed information through the Enlighten website.
- Envoy Features
- Plug & Play setup
- Communicates over existing electrical wires
- Enables remote troubleshooting of solar array
- LCF Features
- Required in most commercial installations
- Simplifies & speeds system bring-up
- Includes Envoy & protective housing
Find more best SolarWorld Solar PV Electric products here.
Latest posts by Jack (see all)
- Safeguard Your Home’s Electrical Wiring by Hiring the Top Agencies - June 19, 2017
- Using Postcards as an Effective Promotional Media - June 13, 2017
- How to keep your cost of skip hire down - June 1, 2017