Solar hot water heating and solar home systems are an ideal solution for every household. They contribute to the high saving money that we spend on electricity or some other form of conventional energy. Each household consumes an average 80% of electricity to the domestic hot water. This is a very big financial cost, taking into account that the hot water is consumed in large quantities every day.
By installing a solar home system for heating of domestic water can be achieved very significant financial savings on a monthly, annual, and especially on a long term basis. The thermal effect of solar radiation is a very convenient and free source of energy for water heating in households, industry, tourism and others.
The solar hot water heating and solar vacuum collectors (with all the necessary equipment for one solar home) eliminate the existence of several small electric water heaters in the household. When we talk about family needs for hot water, volume of solar water heater and the amount of hot water directly depends on the number of family members. If a household has a great need for the consumption of hot water (for example a large number of users, use of a Jacuzzi or hot tub, and so on) we recommend a higher volume of solar water heater. Of course, this requires a greater number of solar vacuum tubes – vacuum collectors.
In the following text we give information, based on long time experience and tests, about the interdependence between: number of household members, capacity (volume) of solar water heater and solar vacuum collector.
- 2-3 members of the household – solar water heater of 150 l – 1 solar vacuum collector (20 tubes)
- 3-4 members of the household – solar water heater of 200 l – 1 solar vacuum collector (25 tubes)
- 5-6 members of the household – solar water heater of 300 l – 2 solar vacuum collectors (20 tubes)
- 6-8 members of the household – solar water heater of 400 l – 2 vacuum collectors (25 tubes)
- 9-13 members of the household – solar water heater of 500 l – 3 vacuum collectors (20 tubes)
It’s taken into account the average energy efficiency of the solar home system, the degree of efficiency of solar heat radiation during the whole year and average people’s needs for domestic hot water.
The solar vacuum collectors are innovations in the technology of solar home systems. They consist of the collector manifold with mechanical, solar vacuum tubes (so-called “heat pipes”) and collector structure that holds the solar vacuum tubes. Construction holds solar vacuum tubes and collector manifold, forming one whole.
Solar vacuum collectors (with 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 vacuum tubes) have a high degree of efficiency and they are designed for solar water heating, heating swimming pools, additional home heating, and so on. Due to the specific vacuum structure, they are very suitable for the construction of solar thermal accumulation.
Many of today’s solar home systems use solar vacuum collectors. They have a higher degree of efficacy in poor conditions of solar radiation in relation to the panel solar collector. Compared to the old generation of plate-panel collectors, vacuum collectors can be used in the winter period at low temperatures.
Latest posts by Jack (see all)
- The Numerous Benefits Associated with Professional Waste Management - January 11, 2018
- The Many Benefits When You Use Led Grow Lights - January 9, 2018
- 7 Changes That Will Make your Home Eco-Friendly - January 9, 2018