Download the white paper “How to Design a Solar-Powered Computing Device” which you able to learn the great strides being made in solar-powered computing devices.
Going beyond useful gadgets powered by the sun, solar-powered computing devices are just over the horizon. Imagine network routers and surveillance devices soaking up the sun and running networking, video and security software. Free of power and Ethernet cables, these embedded systems can be deployed in the field quickly and cheaply.
This white paper describes different types of embedded solar-powered computing devices and provides design suggestions for Intel® Atom™ processor based platforms. It covers hardware and software practices for developing ultra-low power devices, as well as open source software available to designers.
- When Solar Makes Sense
- Device Opportunities
- Design Requirements
- Satisfying the Design Requirements
- System Example: Surveillance Sensor
- Designing a Solar-Powered Computing Device
- Challenge 1: Voltage regulation
- Challenge 2: Source voltage
- Challenge 3: Power management
- Truly Untethered Embedded Devices
Download this free white paper: How to Design a Solar-Powered Computing Device
Latest posts by Jack (see all)
- Wastewater Reuse and Wastewater Recycling and the Benefits for the Environment - September 25, 2017
- How Big Data Is Shaping The Future of IoT Technology - September 13, 2017
- What is ‘Smart’ waste collection and how it could be used in future - August 24, 2017